BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
Code Eight is making everyday shopping magical with a highly personalized shopping experience that brings the relationship back to retail and optimizes it for the digital world. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us as we have fun delighting customers, changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
As our Business Intelligence Analyst, you’ll report to the Chief Product Officer and be expected to roll up your sleeves and dig into our raw data to build an infrastructure that business users can understand. This role is responsible for creating the logic that combines our raw production data that serves as Code Eights source of truth. You will assume full ownership of reporting data, which includes maintenance, training, and education.
This role is a cross functional role working with Product, Engineering, Member Services, Marketing, and Business Operations. You will make sure we are as smart as possible helping influence our business and strategy in order to make magic happen for our customers. They will partner will all areas of the organization to develop plans and manage spending in a way that aligns with our priorities and vision for growth.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A data junky - you love compiling data to show progress and guide decision making
- A doer - you thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- A creative problem solver - you have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
- An organizer - you have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- Someone who loves moving at a fast pace - Desire to be a part of one of a fast-growing technology startup where the only constant is change
What you’ll do:
- Work cross functionally with all levels of the business including marketing, product, engineering, logistics, member services and data science
- Align with leaders across the organization to build and maintain relevant data definitions, KPIs, and dashboards
- Build out internal resources for onboarding, supporting, and training the company on data sets and tools
- Work with large, messy, disparate datasets and conduct aggregated analysis in a meaningful way to drive strategic priorities and codify customer interactions to inform the business on engagement
- Build ad hoc “back of the envelope” analyses to quickly inform critical cross-functional business decisions
- Select, implement and maintain a BI tool that runs on SQL databases that is to be consumed by all Code Eight employees
- Lead efforts to translate any raw data into SQL databases
- Help teams establish metrics and reporting to optimize internal team workflows
- Provide all required data and insights in preparation for executive and board team communication materials
What you should have:
- At least 2-3 years of total work experience
- BA/BS Degree, preferably in a quantitative discipline
- Expertise in Excel
- Strong SQL proficiency is a must
- Knowing Python or a statistical package, such as R, SPSS or Stata is a plus
- Can transform complex data sets into simple visuals and dashboards for analytical and non-analytical teammates
- The ability to let the numbers define the narrative rather than finding numbers to support a narrative
- Management consulting background is a plus (with project work focused on data analysis)
Pay, perks & such
At Code Eight, we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits including health coverage, a 401K plan and pre-tax commuter benefits. Of course, we also have start up perks like snacks, fun events, fitness reimbursement, and a great downtown NYC-based office. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and all hands meetings. We are a start-up without the typical risk profile of most startups - we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. We are proud to raise the bar so you can too!
Come join us!