This team is part of Walmart’s Store No 8, an innovation hub formed by the world’s largest retailer focused on identifying and investing in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. Our mission is to create step change in-store experiences, leveraging emerging technology to help define and deliver on evolving customer expectations. Its success requires a cross-functional, mission-based team that is highly entrepreneurial, collaborative and passionate about solving the unsolved problems.
As a Consumer Applications Engineer you will be working with web and mobile applications. In conjunction with multiple product and technology groups, your apps will work to create a best-in-class consumer experience in the physical retail space.
- Develop and maintain web and mobile applications driving in-store experience.
- Work with Product teams to shape inbound ideas into reality.
- Ownership of the architecture and code that you bring to a production environment.
- 3+ years industry experience, BA/BS in related Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Or 7+ years industry experience
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with Android / iOS platforms
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with deployments
- Experience working with designs and prototyping
- Comfortable with fast-paced development and iteration