LEAD BACK-END ENGINEER
Code Eight is making everyday shopping magical with a highly personalized shopping experience that brings the relationship back to retail and optimizes it for the digital world. We are going after some big goals, and with a broad mandate to gain market share during a key competitive moment in retail history.
Code Eight (ahem - yes that's a code name!) is co-founded and led by Jennifer Fleiss, an experienced entrepreneur and co-founder of the innovative retail start-up Rent the Runway. Code Eight is the first start-up to be incubated by Walmart's tech incubator, Store No 8 which was formed in early 2017 by Katie Finnegan, Seth Beal, and Jet.com founder and Walmart.com CEO, Marc Lore.
We are a scrappy and entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. This gives us room to push the boundaries as we set our sights on taking the lead in conversational commerce by leveraging machine learning, NLP, and personalization algorithms.
By specializing in the curation of aspirational and highly relevant products, our goal is to be a personalized concierge for every-day shopping.
Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us as we have fun delighting customers, changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
What you’ll do:
- Hands-on technical leadership of a focused team of engineers
- Design and build Code Eight’s core systems
- Design and build integrations with partner technologies
- Boldly innovate without losing sight of our mission
- Ensure that systems are properly tested, monitored, and instrumented
- Own the code that you bring into Production
- Collaborate directly with Product Managers
- Help build a great engineering culture that consistently delivers value to our customers and business
Who you are:
- Passionate about technology and motivated by building cool things that bring tangible value
- Thrive in loosely structured environments and help create increased structure as we mature
- Consistently deliver and have an appreciation for practices that keep you from slowing down
- A team player who wants to work with and inspire other great engineers
What you should have:
- 7-10 years of industry experience
- BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or related field
- Experience in distributed systems and/or microservice architectures
- Team leadership experience
- Experience with Node.js, Python, NoSql, cloud computing a plus!
Pay, perks & such
At Code Eight, we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits including health coverage, a 401K plan and pre-tax commuter benefits. Of course, we also have start up perks like snacks, fun events, fitness reimbursement, and a great downtown NYC-based office. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and all hands meetings. We are a start-up without the typical risk profile of most startups - we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. We are proud to raise the bar so you can too!
Come join us!