Parcel is a technology-based last-mile delivery company based in Brooklyn, launched in 2014. We deliver for online retailers looking to improve their customer experience, with services like same-day delivery and scheduled evening delivery. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and unparalleled transparency -- made possible by our all-employee workforce and proprietary technology platform. In September 2017, we were acquired by Walmart, where we're continuing to independently operate as usual while beginning to deliver for Walmart and Jet as well.
This next chapter is going to be the craziest and most exciting yet -- come join us!
Parcel is seeking an Operations Supervisor to oversee all operations at our warehouse and on the road during a shift. Our Operations Supervisor will be coordinating projects at our warehouse, interfacing with our team of Drivers on the road, communicating with our clients, and quickly handling exceptions and emergencies with grace and tact.
- Manage package sorting and vehicle loading processes without letting a single detail slip through the cracks
- Proactively monitor shifts’ progress and communicate with Drivers on vehicle issues, route changes, and other matters that arise
- Plan and optimize delivery routes using proprietary and third-party software
- Develop systems to keep warehouse and office organized, equipped, and in good condition
- Maintain customer information, proprietary real estate information, and other company databases
- Resolve emergencies (car accidents, delivery mishaps, etc.) quickly and calmly
- Compile organized reports on daily operations and work with the rest of the operations team to optimize operational processes
- 3+ years of experience in operations or logistics
- Leadership experience -- You know how to lead diverse teams with patience, discipline, and tact.
- Extreme detail orientation -- You notice things no one else does, and you’ve seen the domino effect that one small mistake can make in a logistics company.
- Ability to multitask -- No matter how chaotic the circumstances, you know how to handle lots of moving pieces without getting overwhelmed.
- Unwavering dedication and punctuality -- You take every responsibility seriously and never, ever show up even a minute late to anything.
- Strong sense of urgency -- You thrive in fast-paced settings and can motivate those around you to work quickly.
- Impeccable communication skills -- You speak and write articulately with a focus on efficiency and clarity.
- Problem solver -- You quickly analyze the big picture to figure out an effective solution and implement its execution.
- Tech savvy -- You are comfortable using iPhones, tablets, and laptops to quickly communicate.
- Passion for dynamic environments -- You’re excited by the prospect of working at a young, high-growth company where things are changing every day.
- Current driver’s license
- Experience with dispatching or routing
- Working knowledge of vehicles and auto maintenance
- Warehouse or back-of-house retail experience
- Experience driving throughout NYC and understanding its roadways, traffic patterns, bottlenecks, etc.