Senior DevOps Engineer
Project Kepler is part of Walmart’s Store No 8, an innovation hub formed by the world’s largest retailer focused on identifying and investing in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. Project Kepler’s mission is to create step change in-store experiences, leveraging emerging technology to help define and deliver on evolving customer expectations. Its success requires a cross-functional, mission-based team that is highly entrepreneurial, collaborative and passionate about solving the unsolved problems.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be working with a range of technologies that power the platform and development of Project Kepler. Through standards, practices and technologies we are looking to create a robust environment capable of moving at the speed Project Kepler requires to remain on the forefront of innovation.
What you'll do:
- Create a development environment that a high level of quality with speed of delivery.
- Involvement with daily operations of hybrid Data Center/cloud environment
- Think creatively to enable high throughput, fault tolerant solutions that power the core of Kepler.
- Ownership of the architecture, infrastructure and code that you bring to a production environment.
What you should have:
- 3+ years industry experience, BA/BS in related Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Or 7+ years industry experience
What is preferred:
- Experience working in a Data Center Environment
- Experience with System Administration
- Experience with embedded systems-IOT devices
- Experience with chef
- Experience with cloud computing, microservices and event sourcing
- Experience with container technologies
- Experience with storage technologies such as Casandra, Cosmos DB, or PostgreSQL
- Experience with stream/message distribution platforms such as Kafka, Azure Event Hubs
Why you would love it here:
At Kepler we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. Most importantly, we empower our industry-leading tech team to solve far future problems and focus on building magical shopping experience for the consumers. Join us!