Senior DevOps Engineer
Project Kepler is part of Walmart’s Store No 8, an innovation hub formed by the world’s largest retailer focused on identifying and investing in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. Project Kepler’s mission is to create step change in-store experiences, leveraging emerging technology to help define and deliver on evolving customer expectations. Its success requires a cross-functional, mission-based team that is highly entrepreneurial, collaborative and passionate about solving the unsolved problems.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be working with a range of technologies that power the platform and development of Project Kepler. Through standards, practices and technologies we are looking to create a robust environment capable of moving at the speed Project Kepler requires to remain on the forefront of innovation.
- Develop and maintain core architecture components of the Kepler platform.
- Create a development environment that a high level of quality with speed of delivery.
- Think creatively to enable high throughput, fault tolerant solutions that power the core of Kepler.
- Ownership of the architecture and code that you bring to a production environment.
- 3+ years industry experience, BA/BS in related Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Or 7+ years industry experience
- Experience with cloud computing, microservices and event sourcing
- Experience with container technologies
- Experience with storage technologies such as Casandra, Cosmos DB, or PostgreSQL
- Experience with stream/message distribution platforms such as Kafka, Azure Event Hubs