Jetblack is a members-only, text-based personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. With the ultimate goal of creating the next step change in retail through conversational commerce, Jetblack promises members the fastest, most delightful end-to-end shopping experience possible. As the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart's Store No. 8, Jetblack is on a mission to give time back and make life more enjoyable.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
About the Role:
Jetblack is making everyday shopping magical with a highly personalized shopping experience that brings the relationship back to retail and optimizes it for the digital world. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us as we have fun delighting customers, changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
We are looking for a Program Manager for our team to be the driver in the fast-paced realm of conversational commerce.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A creative problem solver - you have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
- An organizer - you have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- A data junky - you love compiling data to show progress and guide decision making
- A doer - you thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- Someone who loves moving at a fast pace - desire to be a part of one of a fast-growing technology startup where the only constant is change
What you’ll do:
- Maintain the big picture view across multiple teams to understand success of our quarterly priorities including the status of projects (delivery/risks) available for better visibility across teams and org. Leverage JIRA or other tracking tools to assist in that.
- Champion of continuous improvement - Coaching teams and leaders on agile best practices, always looking for ways to increase productivity via Process Management. (Use resources like burndown charts, retrospectives, and standups)
- Planning, leading, organizing, large projects that span multiple teams (across the Jet, Walmart and any other vendor engineering teams)
- Actively adapt our comprehensive roadmap to the changing needs of the business and delegate work accordingly, including targeting work to various teams’ backlogs to be executed at a certain timeline
- Mentor, motivate and help team members to encourage a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team
- Responsible for demand planning, cross team resource planning, and collaborating with product management and Engineering teams
What you should have:
- 6+ years of professional experience
- PMP Certification
- Expertise in JIRA or other project mgmt tools
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong communication skills. You have an aptitude towards receiving and disseminating information across many teams both internally and externally through highly-detailed documentation
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps, and keep the big picture in view
- Ability to build project roadmaps, enforce execution and deliver clear, concise reports
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- Success in an entrepreneurial environment and ability to manage and execute multiple priorities at a fast-paced company while operating independently with minimal supervision
- Know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!