SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
About the Role:
Jetblack is making everyday shopping magical with a highly personalized shopping experience that brings the relationship back to retail and optimizes it for the digital world. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us as we have fun delighting customers, changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager for our team to be the driver in the fast-paced realm of conversational commerce.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A creative problem solver - you have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
- An organizer - you have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- A data junky - you love compiling data to show progress and guide decision making
- A doer - you thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- Someone who loves moving at a fast pace - desire to be a part of a fast-growing technology startup where the only constant is change
What you’ll do:
- Actively adapt our comprehensive roadmap to the changing needs of the business and delegate work accordingly
- Help Jetblack teams work across the Jet, Walmart and any other vendor engineering teams by:
- Overseeing large technology migrations to internal resources
- Targeting work to various teams’ backlogs to be executed at a certain timeline
- Planning and breaking down work involved in these projects
- Keeping track of work with JIRA or other tracking tools
- Making status of projects (delivery/risks) available for better visibility across teams
- Directly support our Jetblack Platform/Core teams by helping understand their requirements and organize their work alongside business goals. You will be responsible for prioritizing, socializing and tracking work that is happening in the Platform and Core engineering areas. You will be the liaison between product and engineering to provide better visibility into this team’s work
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience
- PMP or CSM certification
- Expertise in JIRA or other project mgmt tools
- Strong communication skills. You have an aptitude towards receiving and disseminating information across many teams both internally and externally through highly-detailed documentation
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps, and keep the big picture in view
- Superb communication of concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels including C-level executives
- Ability to build project roadmaps, enforce execution and deliver clear, concise reports
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- Success in an entrepreneurial environment and ability to manage and execute multiple priorities at a fast-paced company while operating independently with minimal supervision
- Know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!