About Store No 8
Store No 8 was founded on the belief that the future of commerce is being shaped today. Powered by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart, we identify and invest in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. We have several game-changing startups, some publicly known such as JetBlack and Spatialand, that are helping us to get to this goal.
About the Role
You will be an integral member of one of our startup teams, providing amazing technical support and resolving every technology issue that comes your way. You’ll need to be comfortable working as part of a distributed team and communicating with technical and non-technical users. In addition to providing expert level support on our existing technologies, you will also serve as a technology thought partner to the CEO and the startup’s technology and engineering team to help them navigate through new technology challenges.
What you’ll do
- Troubleshoot issues related to systems engineering solutions by providing subject matter expertise, research and review reported issues, and develop and implement solutions based on expertise or escalate to appropriate teams when needed
- Manage daily operations support for existing systems engineering solutions by performs complex maintenance and monitor the health and performance of systems engineering solutions. In addition, manage all onsite technical support, which could range from simple break-fix to complex IT compliance or cybersecurity issues
- Develop and deliver operational features and operations management systems and processes to accommodate growth and traffic on user facing websites and apps, design systems testing processes and environments, evaluate logs in order to proactively detect and document issues, perform daily requirements in order to ensure reliable and continued service, and document engineering processes and designs
- Manage small agile teams or workstreams for systems engineering solutions by analyzes requirements based on project or business needs, partner with cross-functional teams to determine system requirements for systems application development, evaluate existing options and determines solutions that support business or project requirements, develop and implement project timelines, build systems engineering solutions, and work with the project team to integrate systems engineering solutions with overall project designs
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices, and build commitment for perspectives and rationales
- Develop and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders, identifying business needs, determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices, monitoring progress and results, and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities
- Provide tech education to business colleagues including setting up new hires on their first day, providing training on internal resources for existing employees, or creating and updating relevant documentation
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans, using the Open Door Policy, and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices
What You’ll Need
Bachelor of Science and 2 OR Master of Science and 1 year systems engineering experience OR 4 years systems engineering experience
This position may require some travel and after-hours or weekend coverage