Director of Analytics and Insights
Jetblack is making everyday shopping magical with a highly personalized shopping experience that brings the relationship back to retail and optimizes it for the digital world. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us as we have fun delighting customers, changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
We're undergoing huge growth, so to achieve this mission we’re seeking a Director of Analytics and Insights who is hungry to grow our Insights and Analytics function, and make us a more empirical conversational commerce company.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
With plenty of projects coming down the pipeline and our team growing everyday, it is a great time to join our team. In this role you would be -
- Building and coaching a team of analysts focussed on all aspects of our business
- Set the vision and defining what success looks like for an Insights and Analytics team
- Leverage our data to help drive strategic decision including understanding consumer pain points and opportunities for growth.
- Partnering cross company and determine how you can support them in making data and insights-driven decisions.
- Numbers-driven voice of reason that helps take Jetblack to the next level.
Who will love this job:
- A creative problem solver - you have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
- An organizer - you have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- A data junky - you love compiling data to show insights, progress and guide decision making
- A doer - you thrive in a fast-paced environment; and be expected to roll up your sleeves and dig into the analysis regularly.
- Someone who loves moving at a fast pace - Desire to be a part of one of a fast-growing technology startup where the only constant is change
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all analytics and work with our multiple business teams, including customer life-cycle marketing, customer lifetime value, customer segmentation, customer behaviors and user flow
- Actively adapt our analytics roadmap to the changing needs of the business and delegate work accordingly
- Oversee customer insights including NPS, brand awareness, etc
- Grow, manage, and support your team
- Help our business teams define KPIs and set the strategy / vision for how data will be captured, shared, and leveraged internally with other teams
- Identify key business challenges and develop insights and recommendations to address them.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis of market trends and competitive landscape to highlight improvements, growth opportunities and new markets.
- Develops strategic plans to ensure successful implementation of action plans and objectives where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company, competitive environment, and technology
- Be the internal facing lead for the insights and analytics team, building partnerships with other teams and challenging their assumptions with data
What you should have:
- Has 5-7 years of experience in an analytical insights role
- Strong communication skills -
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps, transform complex data sets into simple visuals and dashboards for analytical and non-analytical teammates, and keep the big picture in view
- Superb communication of concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels including C-level executives
- Can create compelling presentations in PowerPoint / Keynote
- Appreciates the value of quantitative AND qualitative data
- Can build a slick Excel model without touching the mouse
- Is an expert with business intelligence tools, such as Looker
- Knows SQL and/or Python or a statistical package, such as R, SPSS or Stata, and can advise on statistical significance
- Lets the numbers define the narrative rather than finding numbers to support a narrative - focused on finding the right answer even if it means being proven wrong
- Ideally has qualitative insights experience and research practices
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- Success in an entrepreneurial environment and ability to manage and execute multiple priorities at a fast-paced company while operating independently with minimal supervision
- Know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary
Pay, perks & such
At Code Eight, we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits including health coverage, a 401K plan and pre-tax commuter benefits. Of course, we also have start up perks like snacks, fun events, fitness reimbursement, and a great downtown NYC-based office. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and all hands meetings. We are a start-up without the typical risk profile of most startups - we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. We are proud to raise the bar so you can too!
Come join us!