SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ANALYTICS, INSIGHTS, AND DATA PRODUCTS
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're undergoing huge growth, so to achieve this mission we’re seeking an Director of Analytics and Insights who is hungry to grow an our Insights and Analytics function, and make us a more empirical conversational commerce company.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
With plenty of projects coming down the pipeline and our team growing everyday, it is a great time to join our team. In this role you and your team would be responsible for:
- Building and coaching a team of analysts focussed on all aspects of our business including setting the vision and defining what success looks like
- Consumer insights including NPS, surveys, and customer feedback
- Business analytics including KPI dashboards in order to drive strategic decision
- Owns data infrastructure - including Google Big Query, Looker, and supported ETL processes
- Partnering cross company and determine how you can support them in making data and insights-driven decisions.
- Responsible for data products - including CLV models, participating in refining recommendation engine, cohort forecasting, etc.
Who will love this job:
- A creative problem solver - You have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
- An organizer - You have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- A data junky - You love compiling data to show insights, progress and guide decision making
- A doer - You thrive in a fast-paced environment; and be expected to roll up your sleeves and dig into the analysis regularly.
- Someone who loves moving at a fast pace - Desire to be a part of one of a fast-growing technology startup where the only constant is change
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all analytics and work with our multiple business teams, including customer lifecycle marketing, customer lifetime value, customer segmentation, customer behaviors and user flow
- Actively adapt our analytics roadmap to the changing needs of the business and delegate work accordingly
- Oversee customer insights including NPS, brand awareness, etc
- Grow, manage, and support your team
- Help our business teams define KPIs and set the strategy / vision for how data will be captured, shared, and leveraged internally with other teams
- Identify key business challenges and develop insights and recommendations to address them.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis of market trends and competitive landscape to highlight improvements, growth opportunities and new markets.
- Develops strategic plans to ensure successful implementation of action plans and objectives where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company, competitive environment, and technology
- Be the internal facing lead for the insights and analytics team, building partnerships with other teams and challenging their assumptions with data
What you should have:
- Has 6-8 years of experience in an analytical insights role
- Strong communication skills -
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps, transform complex data sets into simple visuals and dashboards for analytical and non-analytical teammates, and keep the big picture in view
- Superb communication of concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels including C-level executives
- Can create compelling presentations in PowerPoint / Keynote
- Appreciates the value of quantitative AND qualitative data
- Can build a slick Excel model without touching the mouse
- Is an expert with business intelligence tools, such as Looker
- Knows SQL and/or Python or a statistical package, such as R, SPSS or Stata, and can advise on statistical significance
- Lets the numbers define the narrative rather than finding numbers to support a narrative - focused on finding the right answer even if it means being proven wrong