ASSOCIATE MANAGER, LOGISTICS STRATEGY
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- Are flexible and thrive in loosely structured environments. You will use creativity and grit to help create structure and process as we grow our business.
- Can synthesize lots of data and information. You will distill quantitative and qualitative data into cohesive themes and action steps with an analytical mindset.
- Love details and numbers. You nerd out over the numbers but can always related them back to high level strategic goals.
- Play well with others. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders of varying seniority to work towards individual and company-wide goals.
- Are passionate about building something big. You have a demonstrated interest in retail, technology, and/or supply chain operations
What you’ll do:
- Analytics: use available data to analyze logistics KPIs and identify key areas of improvement across the team
- Strategy: run small-scale and assist on large-scale strategic projects within the logistics team and across the organization
- Finance: manage logistics cost modeling and inputs, track and manage costs to identify key efficiency levers, build out processes around finance and procurement
- Research: dig into critical areas of improvement for the logistics organization and propel innovation and efficiency through research
- Communicate: synthesize and communicate results, findings, and open questions to the logistics management team and senior leaders
What you should have:
- 2-4 years total working experience in consulting, finance, or a similarly cross-functional analytical role
- BA/BS degree
- Experience with using data to analyze and forecast business performance, data analytics platforms (i.e. Looker or similar), and presentation-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting to senior executives a plus
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!