DIRECTOR OF LOGISTICS
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A customer-obsessive - You bring this focus to everything you do and inspire others to do the same.
- A confident leader - You are assertive and can motivate associates of all backgrounds to excel.
- An effective communicator - You disseminate information clearly to audiences of all backgrounds and levels.
- A people developer - You are a leader of leaders, with the ability to train and motivate high performers to do their best work.
- A creative problem solver - You have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving.
- An implementation junkie - You have the ability to create structured, long-term plans and execute them in a methodical manner.
- A fast mover - You get stuff done and have a sense of urgency around action, accuracy and feedback.
What you’ll do:
- Strategic projects - Work cross-functionally on priority strategic projects alongside business area leadership
- Finance - Oversee development and maintenance of company operating model
- Executive communications - Help to prepare materials for all management and board meetings; develop messaging and storyline
- Operations strategy - Leverage Business Intelligence analyses to prioritize and measure against initiatives and company objectives
What you should have:
- Develop and lead a cross-functional operations team across procurement, fulfillment & delivery activities
- Lead, mentor and train people managers and team leads to maximize their potential
- Inspire & motivate functional teams to set and achieve audacious goals
- Build & champion a culture that elevates teams across multiple levels to deliver high-performance as we position for scale and rapid growth
- Implement processes & metrics to deliver a top notch customer experience while optimizing for efficiency
- Establish standard operating practices and workflows
- Drive continuous improvement through testing, evaluating and learning
- Establish core functional and individual KPIs across the operation to drive accountability
- Set benchmarks and performance improvement targets to motivate and measure progress
- Prioritize operational areas of focus and drive improvement initiatives
- Own and drive powerful operational insights through both qualitative and quantitative channels, and translate to cross-functional action based on a prioritization framework
- Communicate frequently with key operations stakeholders, including Member (Customer) Services
- Partner with the Product team to inform features and capabilities required to manage operations processes at scale
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!