Project Kepler is part of Walmart’s Store No 8, an innovation hub formed by the world’s largest retailer focused on identifying and investing in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. Project Kepler’s mission is to create step change in-store experiences, leveraging emerging technology to help define and deliver on evolving customer expectations. Its success requires a cross-functional, mission-based team that is highly entrepreneurial, collaborative and passionate about solving the unsolved problems.
As a Project Manager on the AI team you will be the driver in the fast-paced realm of ML and AI, empowering best-in-class researches to develop, execute and iterate on methodologies to solve some of the world's most complex problems.
What you'll do:
- Work hand-in-hand with AI researchers, Product and Data Science teams, building and executing a plan to meet the needs of both the business and researchers.
- Manage a team of Data Specialists and a group of third-party vendors to deliver hand curate data sets to train machine learning models.
- Actively adapt our comprehensive roadmap to the changing needs of the business and delegate work accordingly
- Own the responsibility of a large budget and the subsequent return on investment.
- Oversee relationships with several stakeholders including: contracting agencies to enable the periodic hiring of temporary workers, local and national diversity groups to guarantee diversity amongst datasets, and internal security and privacy teams to ensure necessary responsibility to our customers and associates.
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience or 2-3 years of domain experience
- Strong communication skills. You have an aptitude towards receiving and disseminating information across many teams both internally and externally through highly-detailed documentation
- Manage and delegate complex tasks to inexperienced workers
- Ability to build project roadmaps, enforce execution and deliver clear, concise reports
- A founder’s mentality and bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
What is preferred:
- PMP or CSM
Why you would love it here:
At Kepler we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. Most importantly, we empower our industry-leading tech team to solve far future problems and focus on building magical shopping experience for the consumers. Join us!