Product Manager, Spatialand
“VR” is an industry buzzword right now. And the majority of the technology that has been created in this space has been focused on the development of hardware and content for spaces such as gaming and entertainment, ignoring the range of possibilities available in retail. At our core, we are merchandisers and storytellers which drives us to believe that virtual reality has the potential to reinvent the consumer experience—with an experience we call contextual commerce.
We are looking for an experienced software/gaming or VR multimedia product manager with a technical background that can help drive our team to push the limits of creating amazing experiences in the world of immersive and interactive media.
As the Product Manager, you will be responsible for managing many aspects of development from initial concepts and pitches to day-to-day execution of deliverables.
This is the opportunity to get in from the first day at a stealth company currently being incubated in Los Angeles by Walmart's tech incubator, Store No 8. Spatialand was acquired by Store N° 8, Walmart’s incubation arm for developing capabilities that will transform the future of commerce. At Store N° 8, the Spatialand team will develop and explore new products and uses of VR through immersive retail environments that can be incorporated by all facets of Walmart, online and offline. Our new venture is currently operating in stealth mode as we work out of our beautiful Venice, CA office.
- Work with Creative and Technical team leads to define development, production budget and timelines production
- Generate and assess reports on production team and work to mitigate problem areas and risk
- Manage project milestones, daily tasks, and deliverables to ensure on-time delivery of
- Define cross-functional tasks and resources necessary to meet project goals
- Ensure creative vision is consistent throughout production process and across different departments
- Utilize project management software to track all parts of the production process and ensuring status are up-to-date.
- Coordinate with marketing team for marketing deliverables as needed
Do you have what we're looking for? Bring it on:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starters who are driven
- Adapts well to a fast-paced environment and stays calm under pressure
- Creates strong project management processes and methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and management skills
- A strong desire to contribute to growing a business
- Able to maintain a professional, proactive and constructive attitude at the height of production
- You strive to be an influential and diplomatic team leader
- Thrives with ambiguity and pitches in anywhere
- Plays well with others: low maintenance and fun to be around
- Excellent, often scrappy, problem-solving skills
- Positive energy (and energy period)
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business Administration or Project Management a plus
- Minimum of 5-7 years project management experience
- Experience working on interactive multimedia, specifically VR development
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, including the details of production such as design, asset pipeline, production milestones, budget and QA
- Have shipped broadcast multimedia, game, or vfx titles in a project management role
- Proficient knowledge of Jira tracking suite as well as Agile development methods
- Relevant work experience in a startup, media and/or technology company preferred
- Comfortable communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment and grow with us
Pay, perks & such
At Spatialand, we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits including health coverage, a 401K plan and pre-tax commuter benefits. Of course, we also have start up perks like snacks, fun events, and a great office in the heart of Venice. We have weekly Friday team lunches regular all-hands meetings. We are a start-up without the typical risk profile of most startups - we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big, long-term problems. We are proud to raise the bar so you can too!
Come join us!