Parcel is a technology-based last-mile delivery company based in Brooklyn, launched in 2014. We deliver for online retailers looking to improve their customer experience, with services like same-day delivery and scheduled evening delivery. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and unparalleled transparency -- made possible by our all-employee workforce and proprietary technology platform. In September 2017, we were acquired by Walmart, where we're continuing to independently operate as usual while beginning to deliver for Walmart and Jet as well.
This next chapter is going to be the craziest and most exciting yet -- come join us!
Director of Logistics
Our Director of Logistics will oversee all field operations for Parcel. We’re looking for an exceptionally fast-paced, efficient, and detail-oriented logistics pro who’s excited to build and manage a team that can keep all delivery logistics running smoothly through our breakneck growth.
- Hiring, training, and managing a team of round-the-clock supervisors with a focus on process improvement and personnel development
- Designing and maintaining SOPs for delivery routing and dispatching
- Gathering and analyzing operational data to build staffing, transportation, and capacity models
- Developing and/or refining SOPs for all delivery operations
- Serving as the ultimate escalation point for field emergencies and building smart, lean systems to minimize these escalations
- 7+ years in transportation, supply chain, or delivery logistics with 3+ years of managing full-time employees
- Leadership instinct -- You naturally manage others with patience, tact, and discipline and have directed an operations team before
- Strong sense of urgency -- You thrive in fast-paced settings and can motivate those around you to work quickly
- Ability to multitask -- No matter how chaotic the circumstances, you know how to handle lots of moving pieces without getting overwhelmed
- Exceptional (and perhaps obsessive) attention to detail -- You never let anything slip through the cracks
- Extreme resourcefulness -- You have a rare knack for getting amazing things done quickly, cheaply, and independently
- Commitment to irregular working hours -- You understand what being at a 24/7 logistics company means and aren't scared by late night or weekend on-call hours
- Passion for dynamic environments -- You’re excited by the prospect of working at a young, high-growth company where things are changing every day
- Mastery of Google Sheets / Excel
- Good sense of humor
- Current driver’s license
- Routing and/or dispatching experience
- Experience driving throughout NYC and understanding its roadways, traffic patterns, bottlenecks, etc.
THIS WON’T BE A GOOD FIT IF
- You get overwhelmed easily
- You ever arrive late to anything
- You lose emails or take days to reply
- You work best in highly structured environments
- You don’t like getting your hands dirty (figuratively or literally)