DATA ANALYTICS SPECIALIST
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
About the role
Jetblack is making everyday shopping magical with a highly personalized shopping experience that brings the relationship back to retail and optimizes it for the digital world. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us as we have fun delighting customers, changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
As our Data Analytics Specialist, you’ll report to the Data Analytics Lead and be expected to roll up your sleeves and dig into our raw data to build an infrastructure that business users can understand. This role is responsible for creating the logic that translates our raw production data that into a source of truth for measuring our success as a business. You will take ownership of self-service analytics and building a data-culture, which includes governance, enablement, training, and education across the organization.
This role is a cross functional role working with Product, Engineering, Member Services, Marketing, Merchandising, and Business Operations. You will make sure we are as smart as possible helping influence our business and strategy in order to make magic happen for our customers -- partnering with all areas of the organization to develop plans and manage spending in a way that aligns with our priorities and vision for growth.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A data junky - you love compiling data to show progress and guide decision making
- A doer - you thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- A creative problem solver - you have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
- A clear communicator - you know how to break down difficult concepts and make them easy to understand
- A bridge builder - you excel at bridging the gap between the business problem and the raw data, translating our needs into a holistic data-driven decision making process
- An organizer - you have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- Someone who loves moving at a fast pace - you want to be a part of a fast-growing technology startup where the only constant is change
What you’ll do:
- Work cross functionally with all levels of the business including product, engineering, member services, marketing, merchandising, logistics, and member services
- Align with leaders and subject matter experts across the organization to build and maintain relevant data definitions, KPIs, and dashboards
- Build out internal resources for onboarding, supporting, and training the company on data sets and tools
- Work with large, messy, disparate datasets and conduct aggregated analysis in a meaningful way to drive strategic priorities and understanding of our customer interactions
- Drive data governance, data integrity, and data enrichment efforts through product and process changes in the context of empowering data-driven decisions
- Perform complex ad hoc analysis, present and communicate around data-driven conclusions, and iterate towards a long-term infrastructure to empower the organization
What you should have:
- At least 2-3 years of total work experience
- BA/BS Degree, preferably in a quantitative discipline
- Success in an entrepreneurial environment, ideally within a start-up or high growth technology company.
- Strong SQL proficiency is a must
- The ability to transform complex data sets into clear metrics and dashboards
- The ability to let the numbers define the narrative rather than finding numbers to support a narrative
- Expert level understanding of data structures.
- Superb communication and relationship skills, including the ability to work with and present to C-level executives.
- Familiarity with Looker
- Have written some code over your career, and able to “speak the language of engineers”
- Experience working directly with development teams
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!