ASSOCIATE MANAGER, FINANCE & STRATEGY
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
About the Role:
As an Associate Manager of Finance & Strategy, you’ll work cross-functionally with Member Services, Marketing, Product, Merchandising, Engineering, Logistics and Business Operations. You will help to build our Finance organization and processes, drive key strategic projects, and prepare materials to communicate our plans to our Store No. 8 executive team and Board of Directors. You’ll keep the trains running in the Finance world, maintaining the company’s operating model and ensuring we’re on track with budget.
You will make sure we are as smart as possible, helping influence our business and strategy in order to make magic happen for our customers. You will partner with all areas of the organization to develop plans and manage spending in a way that aligns with our priorities and vision for growth.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A doer - You thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- An organizer - You have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to outline and execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- A creative problem solver - You have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
- A numbers guru- You’re analytical and feel comfortable using numbers to dissect problems, and communicating insights to the broader team
- A balanced thinker- You’re obsessed with the details, but can see the big picture and contribute to ideas on how to make us an even better company than we are today
What you’ll do:
- Financial planning - Oversee development and maintenance of our financial model required to achieve management’s strategic plan; conduct analysis to compare budget and rolling forecasts against actual performance
- Management reporting - Develop key management reports to communicate business results, share multidimensional analyses, and provide critical inputs to strategic decision making
- Special projects - Work cross-functionally on priority strategic financial projects alongside business area leadership
What you should have:
- At least 2-3 years of total work experience; FP&A, investment banking, corporate development, corporate finance, or consulting with strong financial experience is required
- BA/BS Degree
- Excellent Excel and financial modeling skills
- Strong Powerpoint skills
- Ability to communicate to an executive audience
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!