CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE CEO
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A doer - You thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- A clear communicator - you know how to break down difficult concepts and make them easy to understand for all audiences (up, down, and sideways)
- A creative problem solver - You have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
- An organizer - You have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- A true empath - you have an innate curiosity for, and a unique ability to understand the intrinsic motivations of everybody around you -- colleagues, users, customers, stakeholders
- Loves to move fast, and multi task- in this role, you will be the CEO’s right-hand, which means your days will never be the same and you will thrive in that environment
What you’ll do:
- Act as the CEO’s right-hand day-to-day to the CEO in all internal and external responsibilities
- Develop all executive level communications and sit in on all executive leadership meetings, including Board Meetings
- Liaise with Jetblack leadership to ensure strategic initiatives on track
- Support the CEO in special projects
- Get first-hand experience building a company, and all the decisions that go into such a task
- Operate autonomously and independently with little to no oversight. A true go-getter
- Flex up and down day-to-day, no task it too small or too large. Anything is possible!
What you should have:
- MBA preferred
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Background in consulting or finance, and start up experience preferred
- Success in an entrepreneurial environment, ideally within a start-up or early days at a high growth technology company
- Management consulting or Finance (Investment Banking, Private Equity) experience
- Superb communication and relationship skills, including the ability to work with and present to C-level executives and board members
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!