BRAND DESIGN INTERN
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A storyteller - You light up when things look on-brand and enjoy telling stories through design, photography, digital, and print.
- A doer - You thrive in a fast-paced environment— assembling 500 welcome gifts for customers to ordering packaging materials, all you care about is getting things done and a great brand experience.
- A creative problem solver - You have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving through design
- An organizer - You have superb organizational skills, attention to detail (your emails are typo-free!), and ability to execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- A chameleon - You are connected and care about the customer experience; you desire to be a part of one of a fast-growing technology startup where the only constant is change
What you’ll do:
- Support the Director of Creative & Brand on multiple initiatives: art direction, video production, design, social media, and more as it pertains to the Jetblack business and an amazing customer experience
- Generate and contribute storytelling ideas from concept to completion, while helping project manage every detail
- Support creative vendor relationships, from event support to company SWAG
- Support marketing campaigns, events, and print collateral as necessary
What you should have:
- A recent BFA degree (or someone still pursuing the degree), preferably in communication, advertising, digital, or graphic design Photography/video interest or experience
- Adept knowledge of software and tech: Social media, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Wacom Tablet, Google Docs, Trello, Invision, and more
- An amazing, ego-free attitude with the thirst to learn and grow
This is an on-site, 30-40 hrs/week position expected to last the fall semester (or 6 months for recent grads).
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!