UX DESIGNER, TOOLS
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
About the Role:
We are looking for a smart, curious designer with experience defining the architecture and design for services that consider multiple user types with different needs and goals. You are the perfect candidate to join our Tools Design Team if you have a discerning taste in interfaces, interaction design, and digital experiences with usability and fundamentals. You also can perform under pressure, thrive in ambiguity, and have a passion to challenge design conventions while still delivering useful and usable experiences. You have the ability to define and manage project initiatives from ideation to implementation, all while bringing energy and creativity to work each day. This role will report directly into the Product Design Lead of our Tools Design Team, and own the design of two of our most crucial tools.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A doer who thrives in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- An empathetic problem solver who puts the customer first, and enjoys discovering opportunities by diving deep into the end to end customer experience
- A team player who enjoys working cross-functionally to make the best design and can handle anything that comes your way
- An optimist who knows strategy will shift and priorities will change, but approaches each day as a new opportunity to create the best experience for our customers and business.
What you’ll do:
- Apply critical thinking and creativity to complex design challenges from conception to production for our Catalog and Customer tools.
- Facilitate discovery meetings that entail white boarding and brainstorming sessions to define business and project objectives, while discussing various solutions
- Communicate UX strategy and rationale for research, audits, personas, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, content mapping, functional specs
- Develop presentations articulating experience strategy, opportunities and how usability relates to the success of a given design or approach
- Work with Product Management to prioritize, review, iterate and implement UX and Design changes
- Work closely with UX research to test and validate UX and Design of both concepts and live work
- Work closely with Tools Design Lead to grow and defining our design system and library
What you should have:
- 3-5 years of experience working on tooling or dashboard products
- Strong understanding of experience principles and customer needs such as motivations and behaviors, with the ability to translate them into engaging and actionable deliverables
- Ability to create and present strategic experiences that ladder up into business strategy, goals, and opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical savvy audience members
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of projects
- Experience presenting to, and working with, cross-disciplinary teams
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch
- Ability to prototype in InVision and Principle a plus
- Startup experience a plus
- Experience working with merchandising and ecommerce a plus
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!