Parcel is a technology-based last-mile delivery company based in Brooklyn, launched in 2014. We deliver for online retailers looking to improve their customer experience, with services like same-day delivery and scheduled evening delivery. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and unparalleled transparency -- made possible by our all-employee workforce and proprietary technology platform. In September 2017, we were acquired by Walmart, where we're continuing to independently operate as usual while beginning to deliver for Walmart and Jet as well.
This next chapter is going to be the craziest and most exciting yet -- come join us!
Head of Operations, Parcel
Our Head of Operations will report directly to our executive team and will oversee all of Parcel's operations. We’re looking for an exceptionally resourceful, efficient, and detail-oriented logistics pro who’s excited to manage our amazing operations team and keep up with our breakneck growth.
-Leading our operations team (currently 14 full-time operations staff and 170+ part-time) with a focus on process improvement and personnel development
- Gathering and analyzing operational data to build staffing, transportation, and capacity models
- Developing and/or refining SOPs for all daily operations (package processing, package sorting, dispatching, routing, hiring, training, scheduling, etc.)
- Informing our growth model and evaluating business opportunities to assess their operational viability and corresponding cost structures
- Serving as the ultimate escalation point for inevitable emergencies and building smart, lean systems to minimize these escalations
- 10+ years in supply chain, e-commerce, or delivery logistics
- Leadership instinct: you naturally manage others with patience, tact, and discipline and have directed an operations team before
- Analytical mind: you would never make an important decision without seeking data to back it up
- Exceptional (and perhaps obsessive) attention to detail: you never let anything slip through the cracks
- Extreme resourcefulness: you have a rare knack for getting amazing things done quickly, cheaply, and independently
- Commitment to irregular working hours: you understand what being at an early-stage startup means and aren't scared by late night or weekend on-call hours
- Passion for building things from scratch: you know that sometimes, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself
THIS WON’T BE A GOOD FIT IF
- You get overwhelmed easily
- You ever arrive late to anything
- You lose emails or take days to reply
- You work best in highly structured environments