PRODUCT MANAGER - CONVERSATIONAL COMMERCE
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll work closely with talented engineers, data scientists, merchandisers and customer service specialists to build the future of e-commerce. You will work on systems that are core to the Jetblack conversational commerce experience. Your internal stakeholders will be the member services and merchandising teams and with them you will define how best to surface our product knowledge to the customer.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A “full stack” PM - You’re happy jumping between user flows and data flows and you’re as comfortable defining complex business logic as you are wireframing a new user experience.
- A clear communicator - You know how to break down difficult concepts and make them easy to understand
- A creative problem solver - You have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
- An operational mindset - You can identify inefficiencies in systems or processes and come up with solutions to streamline workflows
- A techy - You love anything that has to do with tech; when a new tech product comes out, you are the first to line up!
- An organizer - You love to track and own projects, specifically technical implementations
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate across the product team to build features that drive user productivity, business efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Define, update, and drive the product roadmap. Oversee feature development from ideation through design, build, release, and post-release analysis.
- Partner with U/X to push the envelope on creating the best user experience for internal teams.
- Work with our Engineering and Data Science teams to incorporate machine learning and drive efficiency through automation.
- Analyze success of features through data and key metrics and be able to effectively communicate wins and opportunity areas to leadership.
- Define product KPIs and constantly adjust the product to continue meeting KPIs.
What you should have:
- 2+ years in a Product management or technical role.
- Success in an entrepreneurial environment, ideally within a start-up or high growth technology company.
- Able to “speak the language of engineers”.
- Track record of leading engineering teams to successful outcomes.
- Experience working directly with development teams and proficiency in systems architecture.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Superb communication and relationship skills, including the ability to work with and present to C-level executives.
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!