Director, People Ops
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
About the role:
We are looking for a strategic Director, People Ops to support and work with our growing team. You will serve as a consultant to management and employees on HR related issues. You'll work very closely with the team to provide day to day support/guidance, implement various programs, help with organizational planning, career development, and implement team specific initiatives based on feedback and needs. We work with integrity and openness in supporting both managers and employees so that everyone feels comfortable coming to us for support and ideas at any time.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A people person - Working with people every day motivates and energizes you
- A trusted advisor - You’ll act as someone our leaders can count on for strong insights and recommendations
- A creative problem solver - You solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions
- A business thinker - You use data to drive insights
- A driver - You are self directed and motivated and love to drive solutions
What you’ll do:
- Build trust and credibility with employees through regular sync-ups and increase overall happiness and engagement
- Manage and help resolve complex employee relations issues
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers on recruiting efforts
- Run and interpret people analytics data to inform business strategy and identify any potential issues
- Coach people managers on how they can be effective communicators, leaders, and mentors
- Work with Jetblack employees and managers on feedback and career development
- Collaborate to develop and roll out company-wide people-oriented programs including performance feedback, engagement survey, career development, etc
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs
What you should have:
- 5-10 years of HR business partner experience
- BA/BS Degree
- MBA or Org Psychology degree preferred
- Experience in coaching, training, and developing employees in a high performance culture
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- High bar for all things people-related and you’re willing to stay-the-course when challenges arise
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!