GROUP PRODUCT MANAGER, CUSTOMER FACING
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
About the job:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to (1) define features and functionality of the Jetblack consumer experience across app, text, and voice device modalities, (2) understand consumer pain points, opportunities for value add, and arrive at product market fit, and (3) help define, lead, and launch our product offering for Grocery and fresh product across all of our touchpoints.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A creative problem solver - You have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
- An organizer - You have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- A data junky - You love compiling data to show progress and guide decision making
- A doer - You thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- Someone who loves moving at a fast pace - Desire to be a part of one of a fast-growing technology startup where the only constant is change
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for your product areas and initiatives - includes developing product requirements and roadmaps, working across teams to understand necessary deliverables and company impact
- Use competitive research and ongoing stakeholder interviews to determine product feature sets
- Communicate with leadership and cross-functional teams regularly regarding project progress and schedule reviews around key milestones
- Facilitate an agile and collaborative process with multiple teams - Design / UX, engineering, marketing, merchandising, member services, and more
- Define the metrics and KPIs used to measure the health of the core mobile product – and how these improve over time
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA or advanced graduate degree a plus
- 5+ years experience working in a product management role; customer facing and iOS app is necessary
- 3+ years experience as a manager leading a team
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps, and keep the big picture in view
- Excellent quantitative skills; demonstrated ability to combine data-driven analytical rigor with strategic thinking to drive insights
- Superb communication of concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels including C-level executives
- Familiarity with personalization, AI or NLP features is a plus
- Success in an entrepreneurial environment and ability to manage and execute multiple priorities at a fast-paced company while operating independently with minimal supervision
- Know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!