ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
Store Nº8 is Walmart’s incubation arm for uncovering ideas that will transform the future of commerce. Store Nº8 has been working behind the scenes incubating and developing capabilities, powered by emerging technologies, that we believe will be transformative to retail. Our public initiatives include our three portfolio companies, Jetblack (previously known as Code Eight), Project Franklin and Spatialand.
About the Role:
You will report directly to two leaders providing support in all of their day-to-day needs. You are perfect for this role if you have previous planning, organizing, problem solving skills and are enthusiastic and proactive. Additionally, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multitask are a must. We are a fast moving startup so you must be able to independently work under pressure and deal with competing demands.
Who will love this job:
- A doer - You thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need you to be flexible and move fast too
- An organizer - You have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to outline and execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- A calm spirit - You have the ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- A strong communicator - You can communicate with stakeholders at all levels of an organization with ease; you understand how to handle highly confidential information too
What you’ll do:
- Manage all aspects of their calendars and schedule including: conference calls, meeting confirmations, meeting notes, appointments, meetings, travel, transportation, etc.
- Create and implement a follow up system on all outstanding scheduling and miscellaneous issues
- Anticipate their needs, prepare pre- and post- meeting notes and complete action items required from meetings
- Receive and distribute presentations/materials for meetings/conference calls for the leaders as well as executive team
- Vet and coordinate speaking engagements, press events, and interviews
- Handle expense reporting, including reconciling the corporate card account and creating/submitting expense reports and organizing t&e for speaking event
- Sort through and organize their email account and bubble key matters to the top
- Assist with daily needs of meeting set up, coffee and lunch runs as needed
- Assist with personal scheduling and errands from time to time, expected to be 15% of time
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5+ years of prior administrative experience
- Relevant work experience in a startup, fashion and/or technology company preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and G suite, calendaring, travel booking and task management tools
- A positive, yes attitude who is game to tackle a variety of tasks and brings and upbeat tone
- Ability to multitask and stay unflustered amidst many competing priorities
- Excellent organization, communication and prioritization skills
Pay, perks & such
At Store Nº8, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!