Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
You will love this job if:
- Nailing a process excites you - You get satisfaction from driving efficiency and accuracy
- Efficiency is your middle name - You are constantly striving for improvements (no matter how small or big!)
- You’re a team player - You play well with others, are low maintenance and fun to be around
- Your think outside the box - You have the ability to be strategic yet scrappy and love tackling new problems
- You’re resilient - You're okay with not having all the answers - it’s an opportunity to be innovative
What you’ll do:
- Oversee an area of fulfillment operations across the shift, such as induction, pick/pack, and QC
- Implement training programs and SOPs as our team grows
- Collaborate with other Logistics functions, including Sourcing and Dispatch, to manage customer orders
- Collect and analyze data to provide reporting on daily outputs and key metrics
- Ensure each delivery experience is consistent and delights our customers
- Keep fulfillment and inventory areas spotless and organized
What you should have:
- 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced environment; fulfillment or logistics experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is preferred
- Flexibility / ability to reinvent and reimagine as our business scales
- Hands-on experience in fulfillment or logistics
- Experience working in customer facing role is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team; people management experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint; SQL is a plus
Please note: The work schedule may include weekends (either Saturday or Sunday)
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!