Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
About the Role:
You will be acting as the command center for the Logistics team. As a dispatcher, you will be in the unique position of working cross-functionally with all departments within Logistics. This is an exciting, fast-paced role where you will always have something to do.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- Details get you excited - You love digging into the details in everything you do
- Team player - You play well with others, low maintenance and fun to be around
- Ambitious - You are a go getter! You love to learn new things and are good at finding creative (and often scrappy) ways to make things happen
- Think outside the box - You have the ability to be strategic, scrappy and love tackling new problems
- Resilient - You're okay with not having all the answers - you stay calm under pressure
What you’ll do:
- Oversee our growing courier network by developing routes and maintaining contact with couriers during your shift, while monitoring closures and transit issues to adjust in real-time
- Collaborate with Logistics Management to modify routes and zones to accommodate business needs
- Act as a communication liaison between couriers, fulfillment, and customer services teams, providing customers with timely and accurate delivery information
- Be responsible for performance management of couriers as well as scheduling and attendance
- Build guidelines, benchmarks, and ongoing dispatch strategy for a new, growing brand and organization, working continuously to improve courier efficiency
Note: The work schedule will include a weekend day (either Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday)
What you should have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is preferred
- Experience working in a customer facing role and managing people is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task efficiently
- High degree of emotional intelligence to liaise with various levels with the organization
- Active listener with excellent communication skills
- Sound judgement and critical thinking
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!