Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
About the Role:
You will report directly to Jenny Fleiss, CEO of Jetblack, providing support in all of her day-to-day needs. You are perfect for this role if you have previous planning, organizing, problem solving skills and are enthusiastic and proactive. Additionally, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multitask are a must. We are a fast moving startup so you must be able to independently work under pressure and deal with competing demands.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A doer - You thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need you to be flexible and move fast too
- An organizer - You have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to outline and execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- A calm spirit - You have the ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- A strong communicator - You can communicate with stakeholders at all levels of an organization with ease; you understand how to handle highly confidential information too
What you’ll do:
- Manage all aspects of CEO’s calendar and schedule including: conference calls, meeting confirmations, meeting notes, appointments, meetings, travel, transportation, etc.
- Create and implement a follow up system on all outstanding scheduling and miscellaneous issues
- Anticipate CEO needs, prepare pre- and post- meeting notes and complete action items required from meetings
- Receive and distribute presentations/materials for meetings/conference calls for CEO as well as executive team
- Vet and coordinate CEO speaking engagements, press events, and interviews
- Handle expense reporting, including reconciling the CEO’s corporate card account and creating/submitting expense reports and organizing t&e for speaking event
- Sort through and organize CEOs email account and bubble key matters to the top
- Assist with daily needs of meeting set up, coffee and lunch runs as needed
- Assist with personal scheduling and errands from time to time, expected to be 15% of time
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5+ years of prior administrative experience
- Relevant work experience in a startup, fashion and/or technology company preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and G suite, calendaring, travel booking and task management tools
- A positive, yes attitude who is game to tackle a variety of tasks and brings and upbeat tone
- Ability to multitask and stay unflustered amidst many competing priorities
- Excellent organization, communication and prioritization skills
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!