Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A doer - You thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- A creative problem solver - You have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
- An organizer - You have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- A data junky - You love compiling data to show progress and guide decision making
- Someone who loves moving at a fast pace - You want to be a part of a fast-growing technology startup where the only constant is change
What you’ll do:
- Plan, execute, and drive procurement activities across all categories, including source identification and order placement
- Collaborate with our Customer Experience and Logistics teams to strive for perfection in order execution and on-time fulfillment
- Partner with our Merchandising team on external partnerships and product recommendations, analysis and data tagging
- Conduct vendor analysis on assortment, service quality, delivery speed, and other factors
- Interact with vendors, logistics providers, and couriers to communicate accurate delivery details and improve service guidance
- Manage our inventory assortment and replenishment
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience working in retail is preferred; customer-facing role a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Flexibility and ability to change priorities as needs change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and reporting skills
- Proficiency in multiple tech platforms, including CRM systems, Slack, and Google Drive
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!