Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A non-traditional thinker - You understand the value of non-traditional merchandising opportunities
- A clear communicator - You can break down difficult concepts and make them easy to understand
- A customer-centric leader - You help ensure the concierge team consistently executes selling conversations using merchandising data, tools and strategies
- An operational mindset - You can identify inefficiencies in systems or processes and come up with solutions to streamline and optimize workflows, tools
- A product lover - You have a passion for the retail industry, consumer goods, possess an overall aesthetic sensibility and love sharing product knowledge
- An analyst - You crave numbers and can analyze reports to draw conclusions
What you’ll do:
- Ensure Code Eight’s proprietary catalog, built from the ground up, is armed with the appropriate level of item level attribution that will maximize the needs of the Code Eight customer as well as Code Eight’s goal to learn about conversational commerce; identify and build necessary functionality for the future
- Translate merchandising expertise and customer insights into structured, scalable data to recreate the interactive experience of a customer and salesperson in a brick and mortar store via an SMS [and voice-based shopping platform] providing personalized recommendations
- Identify gaps in merchandising expertise through cross functional leadership and collaboration with the member services teams
- Manage, train and and motivate the agent-on-demand team to ensure they deliver the best merchandising experience to our customers
- Develop and provide regular training to concierge team on catalog, product knowledge and other merchandising tools
- Recognize opportunities to improve the concierge team experience of using merchandising tools; develop recommendations for either immediate or long-term gains that improve the ability to learn from the customer and ultimately result in a better customer experience
- Collaborate across merchandising and product teams on catalog tooling, specifically integrations with Agent dashboard
- Oversee success analysis of products through data and key metrics and be able to effectively communicate wins and opportunity areas to leadership
What you should have:
- Undergraduate College degree in a related field
- 4-6 years prior Merchandising or Retail experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and financial analysis
- Possess a clear understanding of retail measurements; sales, margin, conversion, weeks of supply, inventory turn, sell through, etc. and how to impact them
- Demonstrates initiative; anticipates needs of business and responds accordingly
- Effectively communicates with internal and external sources; responsive to customer issues and requests
- Experience managing or working cross functionally with sales or customer service agents and with [technical] product teams
- Possesses overall aesthetic sensibility
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills; able prioritize and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!