Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
About this job.
As a General Manager, you will be at the frontlines of Jetblack’s mission to give time back and make life more enjoyable. You will set the standard for our exceptional end-to-end customer experience.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A customer-obsessive - Who brings this focus to everything they do and reminds others to do the same
- A trainer - Who disseminates information clearly and effectively
- A confident leader - Who is assertive and will bring big ideas to the table
- A quality enthusiast - Who never overlooks the details
- A team player - Who is able to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- A love for luxury - Products, services and experiences are everything!
- An executor - Who is always excited about the next task at hand
What you’ll do:
- Own and optimize end-to-end customer experience for a dedicated group of members across a broad range of products
- Design and implement product and service features to maximize team efficiency and core customer metrics including NPS, engagement, retention, spend, and order accuracy
- Manage a team of high performing talent dedicated to delivering a world-class customer experience
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor team and service level performance
- Rapid experimentation - innovate and iterate quickly, share learnings and best practices with your GM counterparts
- Document and test a variety of customer interaction use cases; partner with
UX/UI team to inform the overall customer engagement strategy with findings
- Own and manage the P&L for your accounts
What you should have:
- 5+ Years of strategic operating experience
- Relentlessly resourceful, optimistic, creative problem-solver
- BA/BS degree required
- Proficiency in data analysis toolkit, primarily MS Excel
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a get-it-done attitude
- Excellent business judgment, and a bias towards data-driven decision making
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Resilient; ability to quickly bounce back from setbacks with positivity and focus on the end goal
- Quantitative by nature and obsessed with process improvement
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!