CUSTOMER CONSULTATION SPECIALIST (PART-TIME)
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A data junky - You love compiling data to show progress and guide decision making
- A doer - You thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- A creative problem solver - You have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
- An organizer - You have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
- Someone who loves moving at a fast pace - Desire to be a part of one of a fast-growing technology startup where the only constant is change
What you’ll do:
- Welcome and introduce all new customers into the magic of the Jetblack shopping service
- Nail customer’s first impression of our brand and service by acting as the face of our company during in-home and phone ‘Customer Consultation” appointments both in person and over the phone
- Clearly articulate the value in becoming a member of Jetblack by explaining our value proposition of personalized recommendations, curated products, and high-touch service
- Demonstrate and build our brand as a celebrated, best-in-class customer service organization
- Respond all customer inquiries and immediate requests during initial consultation
- Work closely with the Member Services Manager and Member Services Lead to ensure that each consultation is used as a chance to immediately ‘wow’ every customer
- Capture, record, and communicate key customer information back to the Member Services, Logistics, and Merchandising teams following consultation
- Ensure that Customer Service Agents (Lifestylists) are aware and prepared to action on any immediate servicing requests following the consultation
What you should have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is preferred
- Experience working in customer service role, or customer facing role is preferred
- Flexible schedule and ability to work rotating shifts (including some nights and weekends)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
- Passion for customer service and magnetic personality
- Resourcefulness and the ability to operate independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to work independently and as a team
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!