Project Kepler is part of Walmart’s Store No 8, an innovation hub formed by the world’s largest retailer focused on identifying and investing in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. Project Kepler’s mission is to create step change in-store experiences, leveraging emerging technology to help define and deliver on evolving customer expectations. Its success requires a cross-functional, mission-based team that is highly entrepreneurial, collaborative and passionate about solving the unsolved problems.
As a Computer Vision Engineer you will be working to implement industry leading research into a real-world product. In conjunction with multiple product and technology groups, you will work to create a best-in-class consumer experience in the physical retail space.
- Develop and maintain computer vision models
- Create a production level environment for training and maintaining computer vision models
- Coordinate among integration partners for deliverables and orchestration of products
- Apply industry leading research to deployable solutions
- Work with Product teams to shape inbound ideas into reality
- Ownership of the architecture and code that you bring to a production environment
- 5+ years computer vision experience, BA/BS in related Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Or 9+ years industry experience
- Experience with GPU programming
- Experience with Deep Learning and Neural Networks
- Strong communication skills, ability to work across multiple teams
- Experience bringing design and prototype to production