Field Operations Manager
Project Franklin, Old Bridge, NJ
Project Franklin is a startup operating independently within Walmart's tech incubator, Store No 8. We are building technology in a fast-moving environment that has the potential to impact the lives of millions.
We are a scrappy and entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We’re building cutting edge technology from our lab in Long Island City, NY and will begin testing new products with real customers this summer in Old Bridge, NJ.
Field Operations Manager:
Project Franklin is looking for an entrepreneurial, hard-working Field Operations manager to join our amazing team. You will be responsible for managing a team of associates and be the on-the-ground person in charge for all field operations. We’re looking for someone who is highly independent, resourceful, detail oriented, and a strong people manager.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of hourly Walmart associates in Old Bridge, NJ; as the local point person, you’ll have full autonomy manage a team and day-to-day issues that arise
- Run the daily operations for a new, ever-changing business combining cutting edge technology and Walmart’s ecosystem of best-in-class stores
- Develop and refine processes to make our operations more efficient and customer-centric
- Use your resourceful nature to get things done quickly and independently
- Serve as a friendly, helpful resource for customers over the phone, email and text
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in operations or logistics
- Leadership and people management experience
- Demonstrated experience working autonomously, as you will the sole manager and comfortable working in ambiguous, ever-changing environments
- Ability to manage projects with minimal guidance; you will set the agenda for yourself and your team, with only occasional input from your manager
- Passion for building things from scratch, and happy to jump outside your job purview to help others when needed
- Tech savvy (comfortable using iPhones, tablets, etc.)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and grow with us
- Current driver’s license
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy