CUSTOMER STRATEGY, DIRECTOR
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A problem solver - Who can connect the dots and proactively resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- An excellent communicator - Who can explain concept effectively and influence others
- A planner - Who can forecast, prioritize and convey realistic timeframes with a sense of urgency
- A doer - Who thrives in a fast paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- A team player - Who enjoys working cross-functionally and creates a supportive environment for others
- A change agent - Who challenges the status quo and is comfortable with ambiguity and change
What you’ll do:
- Tackle a variety of short- and long-term projects across the Customer organization: Merchandising, Member Services and Marketing
- Partner with team members across the Customer organization to formulate, test and implement initiatives to improve the customer experience
- Work closely with across the organization to move Customer projects forward and support broader business objectives
- Own business objectives as necessary/relevant
- Provide communication support as needed for Board of Directors, internal, etc
- Support the Chief Customer Officer as needed
What you should have:
- Experience working in a Business to Customer industry
- A background in analytics and/or customer insights
- A passion for understanding and engaging customers
- A desire to learn and grow through hands-on experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft tools: Excel, Powerpoint, Word; other software knowledge a plus
- An undergraduate degree; MBA a plus
- Minimum of 10-15 years working experience
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!