LEAD PLATFORM ENGINEER
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
You will love this job if you:
- Are passionate about technology and motivated by building cool things that bring tangible value
- Thrive in loosely structured environments and help create increased structure as we mature
- Consistently deliver and have an appreciation for practices that keep you from slowing down
- Play well with others and want to work with and inspire other great engineers
What you’ll do:
- Hands-on leadership of a focused team of Platform Engineers
- Own Jetblack’s use of the cloud, containers and infrastructure
- Manage deployment flow and ensure consistency across systems
- Work with Information Security Engineers to develop and enforce secure practices
- Manage vendors and partners that integrate with Jetblack systems or infrastructure
- Provide monitoring and alerting capabilities to systems and infrastructure
- Assist with production support and help us create mature processes
- Boldly innovate without losing sight of our mission
- Help build a great engineering culture that consistently delivers value to our customers and business
What you should have:
- 7-10 years of industry experience
- BS / MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Kubernetes or other scheduler / container / discovery systems
- Experience with pub / sub and database architectures
- Experience with configuration management tools a plus
- Experience working with SCRUM teams
- Team leadership experience
- Hands-on coding experience
- Budget tracking and forecasting skills
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!