MANAGER, STRATEGY AND FINANCE
Code Eight is making everyday shopping magical with a highly personalized shopping experience that brings the relationship back to retail and optimizes it for the digital world. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us as we have fun delighting customers, changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
As a Manager of Strategy and Finance, you’ll work cross-functionally with Member Services, Marketing, Product, Merchandising, Engineering, Logistics and Business Operations. You will help to drive key strategic projects, prepare materials to communicate our plans to our Store No. 8 executive team and Board of Directors, and help to build and maintain the company’s operating model.
You will make sure we are as smart as possible, helping influence our business and strategy in order to make magic happen for our customers. You will partner with all areas of the organization to develop plans and manage spending in a way that aligns with our priorities and vision for growth.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A doer - you thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- An organizer - you have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to outline and execute a plan in a methodical, structured way.
- A creative problem solver - you have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving.
- A numbers guru- you’re analytical and feel comfortable using numbers to dissect problems, and communicating insights to the broader team.
- A balanced thinker- you’re obsessed with the details, but can see the big picture and contribute to ideas on how to make us an even better company than we are today.
What you’ll do:
- Strategic projects - Work cross-functionally on priority strategic projects alongside business area leadership
- Finance - Oversee development and maintenance of company operating model
- Executive communications - Help to prepare materials for all management and board meetings; develop messaging and storyline
- Operations strategy - Leverage Business Intelligence analyses to prioritize and measure against initiatives and company objectives
What you should have:
- At least 2-3 years of total work experience; investment banking, corporate development, corporate finance, or consulting with strong financial experience is required
- BA/BS Degree
- Excellent Excel and financial modeling skills
- Strong Powerpoint skills
- Ability to communicate to an executive audience
Pay, perks & such
At Code Eight, we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits including health coverage, a 401K plan and pre-tax commuter benefits. Of course, we also have start up perks like snacks, fun events, fitness reimbursement, and a great downtown NYC-based office. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and all hands meetings. We are a start-up without the typical risk profile of most startups - we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. We are proud to raise the bar so you can too!
Come join us!