Project Franklin is a stealth-mode startup operating independently within Walmart's tech incubator, Store No 8. We are building technology in a fast-paced environment that has the potential to impact millions of lives.
We are a scrappy and entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We're building cutting edge technology from our lab in Long Island City, NY and our journey has just begun.
Project Franklin's engineers are forward thinking and collaborative in nature. We are looking for team members with strong skills in their fields and an ability to turn on a dime to support the fast-paced nature of our business.
What You’ll Do
- Work with our engineering team to develop robust, secure APIs to support IoT, mobile, cloud, and web systems
- Build infrastructure capable of processing vast amounts of customer data
- Find creative solutions to integrate internal and external systems into a cohesive user experience
- Work in conjunction with external experts to provide security expertise and guidance to our engineering team
- Take leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study
- 3+ years experience designing, building, and supporting large scale systems
- Experience building distributed, fault-tolerant services and one or more security aspects of those services
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- A large, open workspace in NYC’s Long Island City neighborhood
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit and snacks