Service Operations Lead, Store No. 8
About Store No 8
Store No 8 was founded on the belief that the future of commerce is being shaped today. Powered by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart, we identify and invest in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. We have a number of game-changing startups, some publicly known such as code8 and Spatialand, that are helping us to get to this goal.
About the Role
You will be an integral member of our core services team, which is the platform that provides all infrastructure support and shared services to help scale both our portfolio companies and our incubator. This is a critical role as it interfaces with our CEOs, their directs as well as headquarters based Recruiting, HR, IT, Finance, Legal, Legal, Audit, Customer Service Operations, and Data and Analytics team. Think of yourself as the super connector and uber optimizer for our most strategically promising assets.
The right person for this role is an operations-driven leader who has experience in one (or many!) of the shared services identified above but can also view the shared service, and its underlying processes, from a strategic perspective. The position calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to manage partnerships inside the incubator, and across Walmart/Jet.
What you'll do
- Strategy: Support the CAO/COO of Store No. 8 and CEOs in defining a roadmap and prioritization of the processes that are both essential, and can act as critical differentiators, in attracting startups and entrepreneurs to join us
- Process scaling: Help design processes, whether it be recruiting, onboarding, IT equipment requisitions or financial planning and analysis and scale these in such a way that the processes fuel, rather than act as a bottleneck, on growth
- Process delivery: Optimize key performance metrics such as service delivery times, CEO satisfaction with service delivery and speed/scalability; basically, help make our colleagues work as efficient and effectively as possible
- Process improvement and automation: Proactively search for new features and opportunities to automate existing processes, and deliver a user experience that is as cutting-edge tech and downright magical as what our startups build for our customers (and, in doing so, help our mothership have test and learn opportunities to improve our business services)
- Project management: Project manage initiatives and stakeholders, including legal, product, and ops to accomplish objectives
What you'll need
- At least 5 years of high performing work experience in startup, strategy, operations, analytics, or a variety of other specialty roles with comfort around numbers, process redesign and measuring and optimizing on customer feedback metrics
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Excellent understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours so could use your help if we ever need to pivot)
- A data-driven decision making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your analysis up with deep analytical thinking that you can explain simply and evocatively
- A willingness to be "on the ground" partnering with our global business services, recruiting, HR, IT and other shared services staff (as opposed to giving them orders or calling them out when things don’t get done)
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset
- A BA/BS degree is necessary, advanced qualifications preferred.