Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- Details get you excited - You love digging into the details in everything you do
- Team player - You play well with others, low maintenance and fun to be around
- Ambitious - You are a go getter! You love to learn new things and are good at finding creative (and often scrappy) ways to make things happen
- Think outside the box - You have the ability to be strategic, scrappy and love tackling new problems
- Resilient - You're okay with not having all the answers - you look at it as an opportunity to be innovative
What you’ll do:
- Manage runners, warehouse, sourcers, etc. as team grows
- Create and execute on opportunities to decrease time from customer purchase to delivery
- Lead sourcing, fulfillment and delivery strategies
- Optimize inventory levels; managing lead times and carrying costs
- Supervise day to day operations
- Identify staffing needs and train new team members
- Collect and analyze data on customer experience defects and recommend improvements
- Work cross functionally across all facets of the organization
Note: The work schedule will include weekends (either Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat)
What you should have:
- 5+ years in a supply chain/operations/consulting role
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is preferred
- Experience working in customer facing role is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team; people management experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English
- Performed detailed data analysis and managed via KPIs
- Proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, and SQL is a plus
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!