Virtual Reality UI/UX Designer, Spatialand
“VR” is an industry buzzword right now. And the majority of the technology that has been created in this space has been focused on the development of hardware and content for spaces such as gaming and entertainment, ignoring the range of possibilities available in retail. At our core, we are merchandisers and storytellers which drives us to believe that virtual reality has the potential to reinvent the consumer experience—with an experience we call contextual commerce.
We are looking for a forward thinker who can design outside the box and inside the headset to deliver amazing technologies and experiences in the emerging world of immersive and interactive media.
This is the opportunity to get in from the first day at a stealth company currently being incubated in Los Angeles by Walmart's tech incubator, Store No 8. Spatialand was acquired by Store N° 8, Walmart’s incubation arm for developing capabilities that will transform the future of commerce. At Store N° 8, the Spatialand team will develop and explore new products and uses of VR through immersive retail environments that can be incorporated by all facets of Walmart, online and offline. Our new venture is currently operating in stealth mode as we work out of our beautiful Venice, CA office.
- Develop design wireframes, UX flows, mock-ups, design specifications & interactive prototypes
- Define interaction models, user task flows and UI specifications
- Develop user personas and use cases
- Create cross platform responsive user interfaces for a variety of high end VR platforms
- Create modular designs for scalability
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models and screen designs to stakeholders
- Research interaction design and technology trends
Do you have what we’re looking for? Bring it on:
- Creative problem solver
- Enjoys thinking and visualizing in 3D rather than 2D
- Attention to detail in all phases of development
- Passion for immersive media, real time engines, and bringing groundbreaking experiences to market
- Not above pitching in anywhere; you do what it takes to get it done
- Plays well with others: low maintenance & fun to be around
- At least 5 years of experience as UX|UI Designer or Interaction Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization or digital agency
- At least 2-3 years of hands on experience working with multi-platform, VR/AR/MR and mobile applications
- Experience developing multi-platform & platform agnostic product interfaces
- Rapid Prototyping skills and Responsive Design Methodologies & required