PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD, UX (TOOLS)
Code Eight is making everyday shopping magical with a highly personalized shopping experience that brings the relationship back to retail and optimizes it for the digital world. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us as we have fun delighting customers, changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
We are looking for a smart, curious designer with experience owning the UX & Design on tooling or dashboard products. You are the perfect candidate for our Tools design role if you have a discerning taste in interfaces, interaction design, and digital experiences with usability and fundamentals. You also can perform under pressure, thrive in ambiguity, and have a passion to challenge design conventions while still delivering useful and usable experiences. You have the ability to define and manage project initiatives from ideation to implementation, all while bringing energy and creativity to work each day. This role will report directly into the Director of Product Design & UX, and touch multiple internal platforms on desktop, tablet, and mobile.
Who will love this job
- A doer who thrives in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- An empathetic problem solver who puts the customer first, and enjoys discovering opportunities by diving deep into the end to end customer experience
- A team player who enjoys working cross-functionally to make the best design and can handle anything that comes your way
- An optimist who knows strategy will shift and priorities will change, but approaches each day as a new opportunity to create the best experience for our customers and business.
What you will do
- Apply critical thinking and creativity to complex design challenges from conception to production for our Dashboard, Catalog, and Order Management tools.
- Facilitate discovery meetings that entail white boarding and brainstorming sessions to define business and project objectives, while discussing various solutions
- Communicate UX strategy and rationale for research, audits, personas, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, content mapping, campaign flows and functional specs
- Develop presentations articulating experience strategy, opportunities and how usability relates to a larger brand experience
- Work with Product Management to prioritize, review, iterate and implement UX and Design changes
- Create and hand-off production ready visual designs
- Work closely with UX research to test and validate UX and Design of both concepts and live work
You should have
- 5-7 years of experience working on tooling or dashboard products
- Strong understanding of experience principles and customer needs such as motivations and behaviors, with the ability to translate them into engaging and actionable deliverables
- Ability to create and present strategic experiences that ladder up into business strategy, goals, and opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical savvy audience members
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of projects
- Experience presenting to, and working with, cross-disciplinary teams
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch
- Ability to prototype in InVision and Principle a plus
- Startup experience a plus
Pay, perks & such
At Code Eight, we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits including health coverage, a 401K plan and pre-tax commuter benefits. Of course, we also have start up perks like snacks, fun events, fitness reimbursement, and a great downtown NYC-based office. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and all hands meetings. We are a start-up without the typical risk profile of most startups - we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. We are proud to raise the bar so you can too!
Come join us!