Project Franklin is a stealth-mode startup operating independently within Walmart's tech incubator, Store No 8. We are building technology in a fast-paced environment that has the potential to impact millions of lives.
We are a scrappy and entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We're building cutting edge technology from our lab in Long Island City, NY and our journey has just begun.
We are looking for a smart, curious designer who loves building new products. You are the perfect candidate for our role if you love the details yet can continually think big picture about the customer experience. You also can perform under pressure, thrive in ambiguity, and have a passion to challenge design conventions while still delivering useful and usable experiences. You have the ability to define and manage complex digital initiatives from ideation to implementation, all while bringing energy and creativity to work each day. This role will report directly into the Chief Design Officer.
What You’ll Do
- Apply critical thinking and creativity to complex design challenges from conception to launch for a new consumer product
- Communicate UX strategy and rationale for research, audits, personas, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, content mapping, campaign flows and functional specs
- Develop presentations articulating experience strategy, opportunities and how usability relates to a larger brand experience
- Work closely with engineers to refine, iterate and improve product experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in a consumer-focused business/product
- Deeply proficient with Photoshop, InDesign and Sketch; After Effects and motion graphics skill are a bonus
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical savvy audience members
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of projects
- Startup experience a plus
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- A large, open workspace in NYC’s Long Island City neighborhood
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit and snacks