Project Franklin is a stealth-mode startup operating independently within Walmart's tech incubator, Store No 8. We are building technology in a fast-paced environment that has the potential to impact millions of lives.
We are a scrappy and entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We're building cutting edge technology from our lab in Long Island City, NY and our journey has just begun.
Project Franklin's engineers are forward thinking and collaborative in nature. We are looking for team members with strong skills in their fields and an ability to turn on a dime to support the fast-paced nature of our business.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, test and debug system software/firmware for embedded devices
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to develop a seamless user experience between hardware and software
- Utilize wireless technologies such as WiFi, BLE, Z-Wave, and Zigbee to facilitate communication between custom and partner devices
- Work with engineers at manufacturing partners to test, debug, and release customized hardware devices
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a similar technical field of study
- Or 5 years of experience in embedded software engineering
- Expertise in C or C++ and related tool chains
- Experience with wireless protocols and standards such as Z-Wave, Zigbee, BLE, and WiFi
- Experience with ARM processors (specifically the Cortex-M family)
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- A large, open workspace in NYC’s Long Island City neighborhood
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit and snacks