Unity Backend Engineer, Spatialand
“VR” is an industry buzzword right now. And the majority of the technology that has been created in this space has been focused on the development of hardware and content for spaces such as gaming and entertainment, ignoring the range of possibilities available in retail. At our core, we are merchandisers and storytellers which drives us to believe that virtual reality has the potential to reinvent the consumer experience—with an experience we call contextual commerce.
We are looking for a strong Unity Backend Engineer who can join our team and deliver amazing technologies and experiences in the emerging world of immersive and interactive media.
This is the opportunity to get in from the first day at a stealth company currently being incubated in Los Angeles by Walmart's tech incubator, Store No 8. Spatialand was acquired by Store N° 8, Walmart’s incubation arm for developing capabilities that will transform the future of commerce. At Store N° 8, the Spatialand team will develop and explore new products and uses of VR through immersive retail environments that can be incorporated by all facets of Walmart, online and offline. Our new venture is currently operating in stealth mode as we work out of our beautiful Venice, CA office.
- Developing backend services and features in Unity requiring full stack capabilities
- Should be equally comfortable developing client-only, backend, or full-stack features
- Work with backend and client developer leads to assess design needs and create API specifications
- Implement robust, fault-tolerant, extensible systems that are reliable and secure
Do you have what we’re looking for? Bring it on:
- Excited by data science and analytics
- An advocate for the best in app experience possible.
- You have a hacker’s spirit and an engineer’s discipline.
- You’re comfortable banging out code on the fly as you rapid-prototype that latest cool idea you have.
- You can effectively articulate technical challenges and a variety of solutions.
- Strong knowledge of C#/Unity/Java
- 5 years’ experience building complex, successfully delivered software systems with mobile/web/Unity front end clients and REST based backend
- Knowledgeable in issues regarding authentication and security
- Experience with deploying, managing and scaling live ops applications
- BS, Computer Science or equivalent