SENIOR UNITY DEVELOPER, SPATIALAND
“VR” is an industry buzzword right now. And the majority of the technology that has been created in this space has been focused on the development of hardware and content for spaces such as gaming and entertainment, ignoring the range of possibilities available in retail. At our core, we are merchandisers and storytellers which drives us to believe that virtual reality has the potential to reinvent the consumer experience—with an experience we call contextual commerce.
We are looking for a strong Senior Unity Developer who can join our team and deliver amazing technologies and experiences in the emerging world of immersive and interactive media.
This is the opportunity to get in from the first day at a stealth company currently being incubated in Los Angeles by Walmart's tech incubator, Store No 8. Spatialand was acquired by Store N° 8, Walmart’s incubation arm for developing capabilities that will transform the future of commerce. At Store N° 8, the Spatialand team will develop and explore new products and uses of VR through immersive retail environments that can be incorporated by all facets of Walmart, online and offline. Our new venture is currently operating in stealth mode as we work out of our beautiful Venice, CA office.
- Oversee development of interactive room scale virtual reality experiences
- Manage and mentor a team of developers of all levels
- Provide technical leadership in and assist other developers and engineers with technical questions
- End-to-end development of new features from implementation and testing, to deployment
- Develop modular code to support short and long-term goals
- Translate design and client guidelines into VR product specifications
- Analyze application performance and architect optimizations
- Create process for rapid deployment and testing of new ideas
- Keep up to date with the technological developments and advancements in the VR, 3D and computer game industry
Do you have what we're looking for? Bring it on:
- Enthusiastic communicator with ability to make technical challenges clear and digestible to stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to balance immediate development deadlines while maintaining long term and strategic
- Attention to detail in all phases of development
- Passion for immersive media, real time engines, and bringing groundbreaking experiences to market
- Not above pitching in anywhere; you do what it takes to get it done
- Plays well with others: low maintenance & fun to be around
- Strong management skills, with the ability to prioritize conflicting tasks and lead the team towards a common goal
- BS degree in computer science or related field
- 6+ years’ experience shipping titles
- Fluent in C# C++
- Experience with game physics and particle systems
- Experience with virtual reality (Vive, Oculus, PSVR) and VR SDKs (SteamVR plugin for Unity, Unity VR API, OpenVR)
- Experience working within agile Scrum engineering teams
- Hands-on experience developing AAA-quality game titles for the PC or game consoles using leading 3D game creation engines
- Experience developing and launching VR applications on major platforms
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools
Pay, perks & such
At Spatialand, we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits including health coverage, a 401K plan and pre-tax commuter benefits. Of course, we also have start up perks like snacks, fun events, and a great office in the heart of Venice. We have weekly Friday team lunches regular all-hands meetings. We are a start-up without the typical risk profile of most startups - we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big, long-term problems. We are proud to raise the bar so you can too!
Come join us!