Parcel is a technology-based last-mile delivery company based in Brooklyn, launched in 2014. We deliver for online retailers looking to improve their customer experience, with services like same-day delivery and scheduled evening delivery. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and unparalleled transparency -- made possible by our all-employee workforce and proprietary technology platform. In September 2017, we were acquired by Walmart, where we're continuing to independently operate as usual while beginning to deliver for Walmart and Jet as well.
This next chapter is going to be the craziest and most exciting yet -- come join us!
About the role:
Parcel is seeking a disciplined, efficient, and detail-oriented iOS Engineer to join our amazing team as we expand dramatically this year. You must enjoy owning both the front and back end to build reliable, fast, and beautiful native iOS experiences and web services that drive our iOS applications. You’ll work directly with our operations team and CTO to build critical systems to drive our breakneck growth.
What you’ll be working on:
The iOS Engineer will report directly to the CTO and work closely with our 1-2 person engineering team as well as our operations team. Your ultimate goal is to deliver great user experiences to our employees. You will architect and build new apps for our drivers out on the road and workers in the warehouse.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing new features for enterprise iOS applications
- Maintaining quality and responsiveness of applications and APIs
- Collaborating directly with the operations and engineering teams to design and launch new features
- Maintaining code integrity and organization
- Liaising with product and engineering teams from our parent and sister companies Walmart and Jet to build out integrations
- 3+ years of experience of iOS development
- Proficiency in Objective-C and Swift
- Experience building iOS applications connecting to web services and APIs
- Familiarity with launching and maintaining web services on Azure
- Natural leadership instinct: you enjoy taking ownership of projects
- Eagerness to get your feet wet in all our systems: you love jumping from one project to the next and are excited by a multi-faceted role
- Exceptional (and perhaps obsessive) attention to detail: you never let anything slip through the cracks
- Extreme resourcefulness: you have a rare knack for getting amazing things done quickly, cheaply, and independently
- Commitment to hard work and irregular hours: you understand what being at a high-growth startup means and aren't scared away by a 24/7 operation
- Impeccable communication skills: you speak and write articulately with a focus on efficiency and clarity
- Experience in transportation and/or e-commerce
- Experience in a startup or other high-growth environment
- Familiarity with Python and Flask for building application backend web services
- Familiarity with deploying enterprise applications
This won't be a good fit if you:
- Require hands-on management or regular checkins to perform your best
- Work best in highly structured environments
- Get overwhelmed easily
- Don’t like getting your hands dirty (figuratively or literally!)
- Lose emails or take days to reply
- Ever arrive late to anything