Who We Are
Storefront is the world’s leading short-term retail marketplace. We are a platform that makes retail accessible to anyone in the world. We make it possible for brands to easily find and book short-term retail space to sell their idea anywhere and for space owners to fill their vacant spaces fast.
Our platform powers over 15,000 listings, which represent more than 35 million square feet of retail space. We offer greater access to spaces in leading retail cities around the world, including New York, Paris, London, Milan, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Since our launch in 2013, we have helped thousands of brands all over the world, including Google, Samsung, L’Oréal, Kodak, Nike, Happy Socks; open temporary retail stores.
Our team consists of 50+ passionate people based across 8 international offices.
The Storefront person is committed to disrupting the way retail is experienced. We are a positive and energetic group of people. We start early if we need to connect with our colleagues globally and leave late to hit deadlines. We volunteer for projects outside of our remit to ensure all team members hit targets and we continually strive to improve to ensure each week is better than the last. We are proud advocates of our brand and believe temporary stores and showrooms are the future of retail. Join us!
We are seeking a VP of Engineering who will be responsible for leading a growing team of engineers located in multiple countries. You will work with our Head of Product and optimize the engineering process to execute on projects. As a key member of the senior management team, you want to create an environment that is motivational, collaborative, and execution-oriented all while delivering well-built solutions to our users.
- Take ownership of the team and lead all engineering efforts via planning, managing, and monitoring
- Create and optimize processes in order to improve team velocity without affecting the quality of execution
- Provide critical leadership and continual development of the long-term strategy for our business
- Internal communication on a regular basis with our senior leaders to understand and execute on business challenges
- Work closely with our VP of Product and our operations and marketing teams to ensure smooth handoff and release of product features
- Ensure technical excellence, versatility, and scalability of our engineering solutions
- Recruit, hire, and train new engineering team members
- Lead and develop our engineering team through hands-on mentoring and coaching
- Organize and manage projects, making detailed plans that work towards the fulfillment of a set objective
- Plan strategies for continuous improvement of our existing products
- Forecast changes in business, adapt to new challenges and guide our platform architecture to meet current trends and needs
- Ensure quality and timely project deliverables
You will be working in close collaboration with our engineering team in Paris and Maryland.
- Ideally 10+ years experience in engineering
- Proven experience being a senior leader in engineering
- Excellent team-building skills, with experience leading a remote/distributed team
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Take immense pride in meeting deadlines
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Proven experience to conduct technological analysis and research
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership and organizational skills are a major strength
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving are in your mind daily
- Experience working with and building a service-oriented architecture platform
- Experience building cloud-based applications using Heroku, AWS, or similar
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Must be in NYC Full-time - no remote-working or far commuting
- Work side-by-side with management team and get actively involved in the development of an internationally-backed venture company.
- Be part of a fast-growing and international startup that changes every single day.
- Work in a fun, collaborative, co-working environment in Soho at the brand new Cubico building.
- Complete insurance package (health, dental and vision).
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something truly transformative.
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience.
What to Expect Next
- HR interview with the Talent team
- Interview with our Lead Engineer and the rest of the Tech Team.
- You'll also meet a few of our other teammates and business leaders!