Stord is on a mission to migrate supply chains to the cloud—empowering brands to build sophisticated, agile, and integrated supply chains.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, Stord is pioneering the world's first Cloud Supply Chain. The Cloud Supply Chain is the convergence of the digital and physical elements of logistics. With Stord's Cloud Supply Chain, businesses can build, expand, and optimize their physical supply chain operations across freight, warehousing, and fulfillment, with the speed, flexibility, and ease of modern cloud software.
With a single integration, businesses achieve end-to-end visibility into their whole supply chains from a single dashboard and gain access to Stord's network of hundreds of warehouses, fulfillment centers, and carriers.
We're a rapidly growing team that is backed by over $125M from leading investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, BOND, D1 Capital, and more (investors in Amazon, Google, Twitter, and more)We've received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
The future of supply chains is in the cloud. Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with the Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Director of Data Science Position:
We are looking for a Head of Data Science to partner with the Head of Data to rapidly grow the Data Science function at Stord. This is an amazing opportunity for a Senior Data Scientist or Data Leader to step into an autonomous role and shape the future of Stord’s data science function, including strategy, recruitment and management.
Remote work possible for candidates located in GA, TN, TX, CO, CA, NJ, FL, AL, NY, MI, OR, IL, OH, PA and IN
What You'll Do:
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of 4, with a keen focus on developing talent
- Spearhead recruitment and grow the team’s headcount, attracting top talent
- Steer and direct the Data Science function into an efficient delivery focused team
- Partner with product and key stakeholders to define the strategic plan for Data Science
- Work closely with your team to deliver impactful and innovative data solutions that drive real value
- Build relationships with cross functional teams to maximise the impact of the Data Science team across all areas of the business
What You'll Need:
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Decisions Sciences, or related quantitative field
- Experience in the field of Supply Chain and Logistics, ideally 3PL, Transportation, or Freight
- 7+ years of experience using statistical modeling, quantitative analysis, or machine learning to solve business problems
- 5+ years of experience managing data scientists in a fast-paced business environment
- 2+ years of experience managing managers
- Expertise with scientific/statistical languages such as Python or R.
- Prior experience scaling a data science organization at a start-up
- Experience with Looker/Sisense
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.