Stord is on a mission to migrate supply chains to the cloud—empowering brands to build sophisticated, agile, and integrated supply chains.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, Stord is pioneering the world's first Cloud Supply Chain. The Cloud Supply Chain is the convergence of the digital and physical elements of logistics. With Stord's Cloud Supply Chain, businesses can build, expand, and optimize their physical supply chain operations across freight, warehousing, and fulfillment, with the speed, flexibility, and ease of modern cloud software.
With a single integration, businesses achieve end-to-end visibility into their whole supply chains from a single dashboard and gain access to Stord's network of hundreds of warehouses, fulfillment centers, and carriers.
We're a rapidly growing team that is backed by over $125M from leading investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, BOND, D1 Capital, and more (investors in Amazon, Google, Twitter, and more)We've received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
The future of supply chains is in the cloud. Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with the Cloud Supply Chain.
Atlanta (Zip Code: 30349)
Shift: Monday – Friday 1st Shift, potential flexibility required in the future
What You Will Do
- The Area Manager is responsible for leading a team of associates to achieve a variety of goals including productivity, problem resolution, outstanding customer service, employee relations (motivation and development), and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Ensure acceptable levels of profitability by exceeding productivity standards and cost control management
- Ensure exceptional customer service key performance indicators (order fill rate accuracy, unannounced inspections, inventory accuracy, etc.)
- Maintain a clean, professional, and safe working environment
- Promote constant and measurable improvement
- Effectively communicate goals, expectations, areas for improvement, and successes to associates
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within the department
- Personally, coach, train and mentor direct reports in order to ensure personal growth and career development
What You'll Need:
- At least two 3 – 5 years of experience in a supervisor role preferably in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Food-grade warehouse experience required
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated leadership skills to influence department and implement and manage change
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others’ efforts
- Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; possess solid judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to function in a high-stress environment while focusing on the completion of operational goals
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Lean Six Sigma and/or continuous improvement training and experience
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.