Stord is on a mission to migrate supply chains to the cloud—empowering brands to build sophisticated, agile, and integrated supply chains.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, Stord is pioneering the world's first Cloud Supply Chain. The Cloud Supply Chain is the convergence of the digital and physical elements of logistics. With Stord's Cloud Supply Chain, businesses can build, expand, and optimize their physical supply chain operations across freight, warehousing, and fulfillment, with the speed, flexibility, and ease of modern cloud software.
With a single integration, businesses achieve end-to-end visibility into their whole supply chains from a single dashboard and gain access to Stord's network of hundreds of warehouses, fulfillment centers, and carriers.
We're a rapidly growing team that is backed by over $125M from leading investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, BOND, D1 Capital, and more (investors in Amazon, Google, Twitter, and more)We've received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
The future of supply chains is in the cloud. Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with the Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Role:
Location Atlanta (Zip Code: 30349)
Shift: Monday – Friday 1st Shift, potential flexibility required in the future
The Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day operations in a fast-paced warehouse environment. This role is responsible for delivering and executing daily and short-term plans to achieve operational and business objectives.
What You'll Do:
- Manage multiple Supervisors and approximately 40 hourly associates in a 400,000 square foot warehouse
- Plan, monitor and execute staffing schedules and adjust as needed to ensure proper staffing levels that support operational demands and business objectives
- Manage inbound and outbound loading and unloading of trucks while maintaining warehouse organization and inventory accuracy
- Maintain productivity, customer service and safety standards on a daily basis
- Provide superior customer service and maintain professional and courteous relations with strategic partners
- Train, coach, mentor and develop staff to achieve business objectives while providing career developing opportunities, conduct performance reviews
- Manage revenue and expenses compared to budget; manage and track key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Communicate to operations’ staff in areas such as: objectives, policies, procedures, safety methods, practices, programs, etc.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or related field highly preferred
- At least 5-7 years of leadership experience in a warehouse or distribution environment; with at least 4 years of supervisory experience required.
- Must have prior experience utilizing a Warehouse Management System (WMS), material handling equipment and/or various storage systems
- LEAN experience preferred
- Food Grade experience preferred
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service and develop mutual benefiting relationships with all partners
- Possess a history of growing responsibilities within a warehouse/distribution environment
- Ability to identify and understand problems, challenges and opportunities by analyzing and comparing data to reach a beneficial conclusion
- Ability to influence change management and operational performance from areas outside of his/her direct control
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and general public
- Ability to read, analyze and interrupt policies and contracts
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.