Stord is on a mission to migrate supply chains to the cloud—empowering brands to build sophisticated, agile, and integrated supply chains.
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the heart of Atlanta's vibrant tech community, Stord is pioneering the world's first Cloud Supply Chain. The Cloud Supply Chain is the convergence of the digital and physical elements of logistics. With Stord's Cloud Supply Chain, businesses can build, expand, and optimize their physical supply chain operations across freight, warehousing, and fulfillment, with the speed, flexibility, and ease of modern cloud software.
With a single integration, businesses achieve end-to-end visibility into their whole supply chains from a single dashboard and gain access to Stord's network of hundreds of warehouses, fulfillment centers, and carriers.
We're a rapidly growing team that is backed by over $125M from leading investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, BOND, D1 Capital, and more (investors in Amazon, Google, Twitter, and more)We've received awards and recognition from TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., TAG, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and more.
The future of supply chains is in the cloud. Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with the Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Carrier Manager Position:
The Carrier Manager provides leadership and direction to a team of Carrier Relations Representatives responsible for procuring truckload capacity, while optimizing for on-time service and market competitive rates. This individual is a freight expert with management experience, and will be directly responsible for the territory’s service and buying power performance, as well as the production of each individual Carrier Relations Rep within their region. Success in this role translates directly to loyal customers that want to grow with STORD Freight because of the excellent service they receive.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a regional team of Carrier Reps, including setting performance targets, providing feedback, and managing to productivity and economic outcomes
- Become a market expert in your region, dictating max pays, posted rates, and approving options to optimize margin and buying power
- Ensure strong capacity in the region by identifying metros and lanes that are deficient and require supply building efforts
- Drive your team to find “regulars” and dedicated carriers for lanes with consistent volume
- Identify key initiatives, best practices and processes for your team to focus on to achieve desired outcomes
- Support the growth of new customers and the expansion of existing customers by providing white glove service on the Carrier side
- Collaborate with Sales and Account Management teams to inform on capacity in major markets and align on solutions that meet service and margin targets
- Recommend cost-saving strategies that are beneficial to our customers and equitable to carriers
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years in truckload logistics, preferably at a 3PL
- In-depth knowledge of carrier operations
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- A strong analytical and data-driven mindset
- Autonomous, self-starter mentality and ability to thrive in an ambiguity
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The STORD company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At STORD you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Lunches
- Ping Pong! 🏓
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.